"Dust thou art to dust returnest"


Translate

Friday, April 12, 2013

H a v e n


Petrified glass of my own reflection 
Stare down through these iron bars 
From outside looking in. 
Always one conflict to myself 
While the earth remains perfectly still.

We suffer now because it meant the world 
No other's awake... nothing to live for, 
Yet so much to lose... 

We suffer now because it meant something, to each other 
Not just to you... 

Tell me, is my blood any colder?
Are my eyes just a reflection in the dim light of day?
Reflection of the clouds that turn to rain...
Or are my branches so unforgiving? 
No, this is more than I have to give. 
Doesn't make you unimportant. 

Doesn't make you unreal. 

Doesn't make you responsible for all that's wrong with me. 

Did I ever make your soul feel safe inside...?
My haven... I need pain apart for now. 

Tell me. 

Did I ever make your soul feel safe?

... 

We suffer now because it meant the world 
No other's awake... nothing to dream over, 
Yet to much to undo... 

My own reflection through petrified glass... 
Stare down through these iron bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment