"Dust thou art to dust returnest"


Translate

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The Distressed Heroine

It's better now that I leave my mark while I can...
I belonged to shadows of the passing street corner
Drugs in our transparent veins...
This time it is jealously... 
How removed in a sense can one be? 

Just beyond cold from this pillar of light
Nothing in this lifetime could fulfill me more...
While the light is cut short 
There is very little any singular soul can do
To deal with the struggle alone...
And there is no answer. 

I arrive again...
Same month, different year
Same smile, belittled tears 
Same reflection... same fear
Transcending eyes 

Inevitable demise. 

Same heart beating stubborn pain that leads nowhere 

It's better now you leave your mark while you can...

I belonged to shadows of the passing street corner
Drugs in our transparent veins...
This time it is jealously... 
How removed in a sense can one remain? 

Just beyond cold from this pillar of light
Specter of hope illuminated...

   Crawl back into your comfortable place
Slumber here again, swept away... 

No comments:

Post a Comment